Kevin Gillespie wins $2000 for The Foundation!

Next time you see Kevin Gillespie around town or at his restaurant, Gunshow, be sure to thank him for his awesomeness!! 

Allegrini Palazzo della Torre holds chef cooking competition in Atlanta; donates thousands to local charities ATLANTA (Sept. 16, 2013)

Three of Atlanta’s finest chefs went head-to-head in the 2013 Cook-off for a Cause – a culinary competition designed to pair Italy’s famous Allegrini Palazzo della Torre wine with a signature dish. On September 12, the chefs competed on behalf of a charity of their choosing in front of a live audience and panel of judges – including The Bert Show’s Jeff Dauler and writer/wine educator Jane F. Garvey, CSW – at Vino Venue in Atlanta. The audience, comprised of food and wine media, members of the trade and winery executives, selected Chef John C. Metz, Jr., CEO and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern and Aqua blue Restaurant & Bar, as the winning chef. Chef Metz paired Allegrini Palazzo della Torre with an entrée of Rustic Country Rigatoni. Allegrini will be making a donation to charities selected by each participating chef.

The results are as follows:

1rst place: Chef John C. Metz, Jr./Sterling Hospitality, $3000 donated to the Atlanta Community Food Bank in memory of Janice Reece. place:

2nd place: Chef Kevin Gillespie/Gunshow, $2000 donated to The FitWit Foundation.

3rd place: Chef Ford Fry/Rocket Farm, $1000 donated to City of Refuge.

“I’m here today because I am excited to support an organization that works with students through nutrition and exercise. However, it’s really more about building self confidence in the teens, making them feel better about themselves, physicially and mentally.  You take for granted how even just that little boost in self confidence will produce a life long change.” stated Kevin Gillespie

Marilisa Allegrini, sixth generation owner of the Allegrini Winery and cooking school in Italy, served as one of the judges. “It was delightful meeting Atlanta’s most talented chefs. It was very difficult judging the competition as the creative ways all three chefs paired food with our Palazzo della Torre was truly inspiring,” said Allegrini. For photos of the event or copies of the winning recipes, please contact Suong Nguyen at suong@melissalibbypr.com. About Allegrini Palazzo della Torre

Allegrini (www.allegrini.it) is a historic producer of highly acclaimed wines from the northern Italian region of Veneto. Owners Marilisa and Franco Allegrini are benchmark producers of some of the region’s most famous wines including Amarone, Valpolicella and Soave. Allegrini Palazzo della Torre is created from grapes grown at the historic Villa della Torre estate in Fumane di Valpolicella, a veritable jewel of the Italian Renaissance. The wine is crafted with the Allegrini family’s innovative take on the ripasso technique, in which 70 percent of the grapes are vinified immediately after harvest, while the remaining 30 percent are dried for several months, and then added to the fermenting wine. Allegrini Palazzo della Torre is deep ruby red in color, with notes of dark, dried cherries, blackberries, and hints of dates and mocha. It is a favorite of wine critics and aficionados, delivering elegant structure with rich flavors and aromas. It is the only European wine listed on Wine Spectator’s “Top 100” six times, including five consecutive appearances. For more information on the Allegrini Winery, please visit www.allegrini.it. ###